Medicine deals with a complex and imperfectly understood system: the human body. While we know a lot about how the body works in health and disease, there remain many info-gaps in our knowledge. Furthermore, the information which a physician has about each individual patient is incomplete. Info-gap theory has been employed to support medical decisions of various sorts.
- Yakov Ben-Haim, 2006, Info-gap Decision Theory: Decisions Under Severe Uncertainty, 2nd edition, Academic Press, London.
Chapter 3: Robustness and Opportuneness.
… Section 3.2.12: Drug selection.
- Yakov Ben-Haim, Nicola M. Zetola and Clifford Dacso, 2012, Info-Gap Management of Public Health Policy for TB with HIV-Prevalence, BMC Public Health, 12: 1091. Pre-print. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2458-12-1091,
- Kari Sentz and Francois Hemez, 2013, Information gap analysis for decision support systems in evidence-based medicine, International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Mining, Newark, NJ, July 22-24, 2013.
- Yakov Ben-Haim, Miriam Zacksenhouse, Carmit Keren and Clifford C. Dacso, 2009, Do We Know How to Set Decision Thresholds for Diabetes? Medical Hypotheses, 73: 189-193. Working paper.
- Yakov Ben-Haim, Clifford C. Dacso, Jonathon Carrasco and Nithin Rajan, 2009, Heterogeneous Uncertainties in Cholesterol Management, International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, 50: 1046-1065. Working paper.
- Yakov Ben-Haim and Clifford C. Dacso, 2010, Info-gap decision theory and its potential applications in the clinic, an editorial, Personalized Medicine, vol. 7, #1, pp.1-3. Pre-publication version.
- Diogo M. Souza Monteiro, L. Roman Carrasco, L. Joe Moffitt, Alasdair J.C. Cook, 2012, Robust surveillance of animal diseases: An application to the detection of bluetongue disease,Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 105: 17-24.
- Matthias C.M. Troffeas and John Paul Gosling, 2012, Robust detection of exotic infectious diseases in animal herds: A comparative study of three decision methodologies under severe uncertainty, Intl J of Approximate Reasoning, 53: 1271-1281.
- Matthias C.M. Troffeas and John Paul Gosling, Robust detection of exotic infectious diseases in animal herds: A comparative study of two decision methodologies under severe uncertainty, 7th International Symposium on Imprecise Probability: Theories and Applications, Innsbruck, Austria, 25-28 July 2011. Paper. Longer version.
- Carmit Keren, 2009, Info-Gap Bayesian Classification, MSc Thesis, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology. In English.
- Questions or comments on info-gap theory? Contact me at email@example.com